Fifteenth Gathering of VPI Calgary, Fri 02 May 08.
aka 4th Anniversary
aka Dan's 48th
1. E/On @ 1130 (first in line: Austin, Garth & Don)
2. Attending: Dave Watson (surprise; earlier indication put him elsewhere), Ian Gordon (newest member has perfect attendance record), Dan McLean (birthday boy ? never misses), Mike Luxton (better late than never), Garth Irvine (old faithful, from farthest-on circle), Austin Hayes (refreshing his membership) and Don Little (someone else has to have perfect attendance).
Wow! Seven out of nine, that's 77.7%. Beat that, Canada Wings!
3. AWOL: Brian Kaban (getting some take-offs and landings on non-slippery runways, for a change) and Bill Moir (thought we had him back, until a medical emergency arose).
4. These minutes: Hate to admit it, however, most of what follows will be in the category of "winging it". Usually try to compose the re-hash within a couple of days of our gathering but now that five days have elapsed, so has my memory. Any clear-minded volunteers?
5. 4th Anniversary & Dan's Birthday: Water glasses were raised all around in a toast to four years of great VPI Calgary camaraderie and to Big Dan McLean's 48th birthday.
6. Cy Dunbar: Glasses were clinked in a final salute to Cy Dunbar, pilotus supremus, who passed to his final flight on April 18th, following many years in the RCAF and as chief pilot on the restored "Mynarski Memorial Lancaster", out of Hamilton, 1988-1992. VPI will miss you, Cy. Rest in Peace.
7. Ramblings (best recollection): Mike just back from a vacation in Costa Rica. Obviously, his new business is flourishing as is his new title of "fiancé". Duly noted that although it was his birthday, Dan did not buy a round. Tsk, tsk.
Dave escaped having to make an airport run and arrived early, but still thinking of his Rhine (wine) cruise. Ian re-established himself as our greatest story-teller. Austin still dreaming of summertime on the Shuswap while Garth and Don are dreaming of breaking par on the links this season. Let it be known that Don is holding some left over change (after generous tips) for Dan ($2.50) and Garth ($5.) If either of you has actually taken time to read these minutes and can remember far enough ahead to the next gathering, consider this an I.O.U.
8. Email addresses: Just a reminder that we need individual permission to publish your email address on our website. Pls let Dan know if you agree to this.
Dan: please add Ian Gordon to our list of members.
9. Lancs in the Fifties: Big reunion in Nanton this summer (Aug 22-23). Might be a good opportunity for us to make a day run and rub elbows with some of the surviving wartime Lancaster aircrew. Early birds can partake in the Pancake Breakfast, either day, 0800-1000. Museum Open House, 9-5 daily.
10. Website reminder: http://vpi.calgarywaterford.org or http://vpi.navdan.ca Minutes can be found under "Events".
Webmaster: Dan McLean - firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Next Gathering: Fri. Sept 26th @ 1130-1330. Mewata Armouries. Book it!
12. E/Off @ 1335
If you have an event that you think should be added to this page, please
The Webmaster Dan McLean with the info.
© Copyright Daniel McLean
Page Last Modified: